Purposes of Use of the Lobby and Hasmonean Hall:
• The main use of the lobby and the Hasmonean Hall are for tours of the Western Wall Tunnels. Other uses, including for educational purposes, will be permitted contingent on the tour program at the Western Wall Tunnels site with the intent to prevent disturbance of this program as much as possible.
List of possible uses of the lobby and the Hasmonean Hall
1. Educational Purposes:
• Bar/Bat Mitzvah programs run by the Western Wall Heritage Foundation (and advertised on the WWHF website) – with advanced reservations and payment• Lessons or lectures under the auspices of the WWHF educational programs• Lessons or lectures for students, soldiers, pupils etc. (to be reserved two days on advance, based on availability)
2. Official Hosting:
• Hosting official organizations of the State of Israel • Hosting official guests of the State of Israel• Hosting guests of the WWHF
• WWHF events: writing of Sefer Torah, dedication of Sefer Torah, donor appreciation event determined by the WWHF, event for WWHF employees, internal events, etc.• Event for the purposes of marketing or publicizing the Western Wall Tunnels or activities of the WWHF• Personal event (one-time) chosen by a donor who donated over $36,000 or its equivalent• The WWHF will allow use of the Hasmonean Hall to Yeshivat Netiv Arieh and to Aish Hatorah.
Forbidden Uses of the Lobby and the Hasmonean Hall
1. Any sort of political event2. Private events of the WWHF board, its directors, or employees3. The hall is not meant for prayer services and will only be used as such in very extraordinary cases and with the approval of the Foundation’s Ceremony Committee.4. Britot or Chuppot
1. Use of the hall is in accordance to safety regulations.2. Events will be in accordance to the spirit of the site as is suitable to the remnant of our Temple – the Western Wall.3. All events will be in accordance to WWHF directives, such as kashrut, dress code, etc.4. Precondition for holding an event: The program for the event must be sent in for approval at least 5 working days ahead of time to the Foundation’s Ceremony Committee in charge of approving the event. The committee can determine changes necessary for approval.
To contact the ceremony committee and to coordinate an event: email@example.com